I charge £70 minimum charge, and my hourly rate is also £70. My day rate is £400.
For single session tattoos, I can usually give a fixed price.
You can discuss your ideas with me by arranging an appointment at the studio to discuss ideas, which is free of charge. Although I prefer face to face consultations, if this is inconvenient for you (i.e. you live a considerable distance from the studio), you can alternatively email me with your ideas. Please include any reference images that you have, preferably in JPEG format, and also if your tattoo involves covering old work, or working around existing tattoos, then please attach photos of the area. If you can get someone else to take these for you, it’s a lot easier for me to see what I’m working with.
DEPOSITS AND BOOKINGS.
Before you book in, please take into consideration that a large tattoo such as a sleeve or a back piece is something that requires serious commitment from the client in terms of time, cost and pain management.
Once the consultation has taken place, then if you would like to book an appointment, I require 1 hour in advance (£70)
Payments can be made by cash or debit card. There is a 2.5% charge for debit cards. You can do this in person or over the phone. I ask for 48 hours notice for cancellations, but if at all possible, the more notice I have that you need to cancel your appointment, the better chance I have of filling the space.
DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
If the tattoo is multiple session work, the deposit will be taken off the final session, so for example, if the tattoo is 9 hours, broken into 3 sessions of 3 hours, then it would be £210 for the first and second session, then the deposit would be taken off the final session, so that would be £140. The deposit paid at the first session will be used to re-book any further appointments.
When your appointment has been booked, and any tracings or photographs of the area to be tattooed have been made, I then start work on your design. You will receive an email with a rough sketch attached NO SOONER than 1 or 2 days prior to starting the tattoo. Please do not contact me about the sketch either by email or phone earlier than 2 days before the appointment.
If you have to postpone your appointment indefinitely, provided we’ve had 48 hours notice, your deposit will be deemed “floating”. This means that it will be retained until you can re-book, up to a limit of 6 months from the date you booked in.
You will be contacted if your floating deposit is nearing the 6 month termination date.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR TATTOO
Before I can tattoo you, please ensure the following:
- If you are, or appear to be under 21, please bring photo ID with you.
- If you have children, please arrange childcare for them. Octopus Tattoo is an over 18’s environment.
- The area to be tattooed is not sunburnt, and is free from wounds, scabs or skin complaint.
- You have eaten a fairly substantial amount of carbohydrate based food before you get tattooed, this will help to avoid dizziness and fainting.
- You can have 1 other person with you while you get tattooed. Please let them know they may find it boring to wait while you are getting tattooed. If they become a problem while I am working (i.e. they’re making you laugh while I’m trying to tattoo your ribs, wandering around the studio, etc) they will be asked to leave.
- Bring something sweet to drink (e.g. Lucozade) This will help to keep your blood sugar levels up during the tattoo.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting ink stains on.
- If you turn up to the appointment intoxicated in any way, I will not tattoo you, or re-book. You will lose your deposit.
TATTOO ENQUIRY FORM
For any other enquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org